The Filter option in the variable manager allows users to tailor the list of values displayed for a variable, offering a more focused and context-specific experience. Configure queries that dictate which values appear in the dropdown menu when using a variable, thus enhancing the usability and relevance of data for a wide range of applications.
Create the Filter
- From Dashboard > Dashboard 2.0, create a new dashboard or select from an existing dashboard collection.
See Create Dashboards to learn about creating dashboards.
- Click the Variable Icon and select Edit.
- The DASHBOARD FILTERS page is displayed.
- You will be able to manage variables here to enable filters.
- Select Resource, Alert, Ticket, Metric Data Source.
- Click + VARIABLE.
- Enter the below mentioned information:
|Name||Enter a name for the filter|
|Attribute Name||Choose the attribute name from the dropdown list box.|
|Default Value||Choose the default value from the drop down list box.|
- Click View Filter option.
Note: The View Filter option is not available for Metric. 7. Click the + QUERY and select the options from the following drop-down lists as you build the query:
sdk2.0 apps simulator
Note: You may also build a query by clicking the </> to use the advanced query builder and start typing the query and complete the query.
- Click APPLY.
- Click SAVE. The filter is saved and the information is displayed.