Week of February 16, 2021
- Stability: The Resource page has been optimized to reduce page load time for several critical user flows. This includes the rendering of the resources page, navigating from resources to resource groups, and loading the resources within a particular resource group.
- Resource Groups: Fixed an issue associated with creating a resource group while using the
Add using Queryoption.
- Stability: Fixed an issue associated with navigating resources.
Week of January 26, 2021
- Service Management: Fixed an issue that caused unexpected email subjects in Incident Notification emails.
- Notification: Fixed an issue that blocked approval requests from being sent to email from OpsRamp service desk.
- Agent: Fixed an issue that was incorrectly handling external parameters for app monitors
- Agent: Fixed an issue that blocked the older version of agents from updating to the 8.0.0 version.
- Agent: Fixed an issue that was causing an incorrect mapping of free disk values.
- Report: Fixed an issue in inventory reports that was causing confusion as to what resource attributes were being filtered against.
Week of January 5, 2021
Templates: Added SNMP-based monitoring support for NetApp SolidFire storage infrastructure.
- Synthetic Monitoring: Fixed an issue that was causing alignment issue for metrics on recorded script-based synthetics.
- Process Monitoring: Fixed an issue that was blocking editing of Linux agent process monitors within a template.
- Monitoring Management: Fixed an issue that was allowing for the creation of duplicate client-level metrics.
- Availability: Fixed an issue that was causing agent-installed resources to display the status as Down even though the application represented those as being Up.
- Service Desk: Fixed an issue that was preventing editing of My Views within the Service Desk module.
- Metric Report: Fixed an issue wherein the the Metric report appeared blank despite a successful run.
- Alert Management: Fixed an issue that was causing alerts to be generated during the scheduled maintenance period.
- CPU Information: Fixed an issue that was causing discrepancies in the listing of CPU information on the Linux installed hosts.
Week of Dec 15, 2020
UI/UX: A new platform navigation is created to allow for more streamlined workflows across the OpsRamp platform. The new navigation bar is currently an opt-in experience and becomes the default with the OpsRamp 9.0.0 release coming in early 2021.
- Custom header and link colors will not work.
- Breadcrumbs are removed from Setup, Infrastructure, and Reports.
- Gateway: Fixed an issue that blocked users from deleting discovery profiles of unregistered gateways.
- Reports: Fixed an issue that prevented scheduled generation of Patching reports.
- Knowledge Base: Fixed an issue that did not allow the creation of hyperlinks in knowledge base articles.
- Templates: Fixed an issue that blocked users from completing the necessary configuration parameters for G2 windows service monitoring templates.
- Alerts: Fixed an issue that blocked rendering of the alert body for generated alerts.
- Resource Groups: Fixed an issue that blocked users from creating partner level resource groups using an advanced search query.
- Update Agent: Fixed an issue that blocked users from selecting the agent platform in the agent Advanced Search section. This blocker made it difficult to select an agent platform to update to the latest version.
Week of Dec 1, 2020
- Alert Escalation: Previously, the resource types selection in alert escalation policies was not appearing in the alphabetical series. Now, this field is alphabetized to allow users to easily find the resource types required in creating a policy.
- Inventory Reports: Fixed an issue in reports that blocked users from editing filtering rules after the report had run.
- Metric Report: Fixed an issue in Metric Reports that prevented all applicable resources from being fetched and displayed in the report.
- Tickets: Fixed an issue in email templates to resolve appearance of the unwanted HTML text when a space was found.
- Exporting CSV file: Fixed an issue that was blocking users from exporting the metric data from graphs into a .csv file.
- Template: Fixed an issue that was creating inconsistencies between what the CDP command generated on the end device versus what was displayed in the OpsRamp user interface.
- Infrastructure: Fixed an issue that was blocking the global search of resources (partner level) from displaying the proper results.
- Discovery: Fixed an issue for the Meraki API integration. Previously, Meraki Access Points (APs) without a name were getting dropped from discovery. Now, OpsRamp uses the IP or MAC address for the name of the resource in scenarios where there is no name found through discovery.
- Resource: Fixed an issue that blocked users with Apply Monitor Template and Customize Monitor permissions from applying monitoring templates at the resource level.
Week of Nov 17, 2020
- Patch Management: Administrators now have the ability to escalate alerts after the maintenance window for patching has concluded. This enhancement makes it easier to detect alerts that may have been created during the maintenance window. For more information, see Adding and scheduling patches.
- Linux Agent: “The OpsRamp Linux Agent (For example, RHEL, Ubuntu, SUSE, and CentOS) now supports the use of a non-root user for installation. Instead, administrators can use a custom user on the linux host for deploying the OpsRamp agent. For more information, see Deploynig Agents on Linux.
- Gateway: The Gateway files (ISO, OVA, Windows Gateway, Google Cloud image) downloaded from OpsRamp are provided with SHA-256 file checksum. This enhancement helps in identifying the integrity of the downloaded file.
- New Document: Integration documentation is enhanced with new addition for Compute Integration. For more information, see Cisco Hyperflex Integration.
- Documents updated
Week of Nov 10, 2020
Event Management: Administrators can now configure event ingestion integrations to post events only if the resources are managed by OpsRamp. For resources that are not managed, the events are dropped and not processed.
- Process Automation: Administrators now can retry process instances that may have failed. This enhancement is useful for scenarios where the script running may have time-out issues, cannot run on the target resource, or is failing.
- Cloud Monitoring: OpsRamp now discovers and monitors Google Cloud Firebase. For more information, see Google Firebase.
- Reports: Network Statistics reports can now be processed using MBPS in addition to KBPS. This enhancement is useful for administrators who want a more granular view into their network usage and are more accustomed to MBPS.
- OpsRamp IP Addresses are updated.
- A new Google Cloud service is added.
- New API: A new API is added that fetches supported cloud resource types (AWS, Azure, Google) with or without using smart filters during discovery.
- Updated APIs:
The following Integration APIs are updated with the new
dropAlertsOnUnmanagedResourcesparameter that discards alerts from unmanaged resources:
- Install integration
- Install email integration
- Update installed integration
- Get installed integration
- Install custom integration
- Update custom integration