After scanning the patches and identifying a list of missing patches, this section will guide you through the process of viewing and managing the found missing patches. You can also take necessary action against each or bulk of missing patches from the list.
View the List of Missing Patches
Follow the steps below to view the list of missing patches:
- Login to OpsRamp Portal.
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Automation > Patch Management 2.0.
- On the left side of this page, click the Menu bar icon and then Missing Patches.
- Here you will have a list of all missing patches.
On the missing patches page, you will have various options for the listed patches. You can also choose one or more patches from the list to perform an action on.
The following table describes the various actions buttons displayed for the patches.
|Approve||If you click on Approve, your selected missing patches will be approved for installation.|
|Unapprove||If you do not want to be approved, select this option to reject that id.|
|Copy ID||Use this option if you want to copy the external id and paste it somewhere.|
|Install||If your patches have been approved but have not yet been installed, click install to install them.|
|Whitelist||Click on the Whitelist to add the missing patches to your whitelist.|
|Blacklist||If you want to be blacklisted from the list, click on the blacklist.|
There are additional options on the missing patches page, including the following:
- Search field: To find any specific missing patches from the list, first enter the dollar symbol ($) and then add the required data into the search field.
- Refresh: Click the Refresh button to refresh this page if some of the patches are not showing up.
- Scan Now: Click Scan Now if you wish to scan the patches right away.
- Patch Scan Schedule: Click Patch Scan Schedule to schedule the scan at a time that is convenient for you. Refer to Patch Scan Schedule for how to schedule the patch scan.
The following table describes the various attributes displayed on the Missing Patches page:
|External id||A unique id is used to identify the patches.|
|Patch Name||Name of the patch.|
|Category||Define the type of patch, whether it is an update or a new one.|
|Release Date||Date and time of patch release.|
|Severity||Severity of the Released patch.|
|Dependency||Number of dependent Patches.|
|Rating||Assigned Patch Ratings as per the requirements.|
To Perform any actions on the bulk of patches, select the multiple patches, a right side pane would open with the list of available actions to perform on the bulk of selected patches.
To view the Resources list related to the Patch Status, click on the Patch Name and a right side pane would pop up , click on each status to see the list of Resources:
- Missing: Shows the number of resources where this patch was not applied.
- Approved: Shows the number of resources where this patch was applied and approved.
- Installed: The number of resources where this patch has been installed.
- Failed: You can see the number of resources have failed to install this patch.