A Network Topology is the physical and analytical arrangement of nodes and links in a network, which determines how the network communicates with different devices. The OpsRamp Network Topology view provides the ability to select a seed node and retrieve topologies to a selected depth.
Network Topologies provide the following enhancements:
- Network Topology Maps are now enhanced to show more streamlined icons and views. All Icons are updated.
- The Maps show Layer1 and Layer3 views of the network. Layer3 subnets are explicitly highlighted.
- The Maps show port-channel details (for Cisco and Arista devices), with the ability to expand and collapse component links.
- Network devices can now be searched for and found on the Network Topology Map page.
- Actions like scheduling a backup job on the network devices can now be initiated from Topology View.
- Network Topology maps provide different styles to accommodate viewing specific network layouts.
This feature is available on Gateway 14.4.0 and above.