Patch ratings help administrators prioritize the patch update process. For example, OpsRamp uses the following severity rating levels:
- Critical impact
- Important impact
- Moderate impact
- Low impact
OpsRamp automatically approves a whitelisted patch and eliminates the effort of approving the same patch for different devices. After whitelisting a patch, the patch is ready for installation.
Auto approval is available only for critical and security category patches.
You can rate a patch from the Setup > Integration page. Using patch rating, provide the following rating:
To rate a patch from Integrations page:
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Integrations > Integrations> Installed Integrations.
- From Installed Integrations, go to Patch > Windows Patch Feed and click your Integration Name.
You can also rate a patch from Linux Patch Feed.
- From the patch feed integration screen, go to Available Patches > Patch rating column and select any desired Patch Name.
- Click Edit icon.
- From Patch Rating window, provide the following:
- Click Submit Rating.
The Patch Rating column displays the selected rating.
After rating a patch, the Missing Patches screen displays the patch rating for all patches based on By Patch.