Compliance is a metric that provides the number of uninstalled patches in the baseline on a device.
- Zero → compliant
- Greater than zero → non-compliant
Configuring patch compliance
To configure Patch Compliance:
- From All Clients select a client.
- Go to Automation > Patch Management> Patch Compliance Configuration.
- From the Compliance configuration List screen, click + Add.
- From New Compliance Configuration, provide the following parameters:
- Compliance Name: Patch compliance name.
- Description: Patch compliance details.
- Client: Select the desired client name.
- OS Type: Select the Windows or Linux operating system.
- Approval Type: Select one of the following:
- Manual: The patches are approved as a one-time activity. Run the patch approval process when the baseline changes.
- Automatic: The patches are approved automatically when the baseline changes.
- Go to Select Baselines and choose the desired baselines in the Available Baselines section.
The selected baselines appear in the Selected Baselines section.
- Go to Select Devices and choose the desired devices from the Available Devices section.
The selected devices appear in the Selected Devices section.
- Go to Select Resource Groups and choose the desired resource groups from the Available Resource Groups section.
The selected resource groups appear in the Selected Resource Groups section.
- Click Save.
The Compliance Configuration List page displays the configured patch compliance details.
After configuring the patch compliance, you can:
- View the configuration details in the Patch Compliance Configuration page.
- Check the Patch Compliance widget to understand the compliance status of each device for a selected baseline.
- Approve patches for the devices in the selected baselines as a one-time activity.
Viewing the patch compliance list
View the configured patch compliance in Patch Management > Patch Compliance Configuration.
The following table describes the various attributes displayed in the Compliance Configuration List page.
|Name||Patch Compliance Name.|
|OS Type||Windows or Linux Operating System.|
|Last Updated By||Name of the user.|
|Last Updated Time||The time and date of the recently updated patch.|
|Baselines||The numeral indicates the number of chosen baselines. Click the displayed number to view the selected baselines.|
|Devices||The numeral indicates the number of chosen devices. Click the displayed number to view the selected devices.|
|Resource Groups||The numeral indicates the number of chosen resource groups. Click the displayed number to view the selected resource groups.|
|Approve Patches||Run the patch approval process as a one-time activity for the devices in the selected baseline.|
|Run Now||Run the compliance check on selected devices and resource groups and achieve the patch compliance status in the Patch Compliance widget.|