Memcached is one of the most popular key-value databases. The Memcached database serves as the intermediary “cache” between the front end (apps and APIs) and the back end (external databases). Unlike other key-value databases, such as Redis, Memcached is volatile, meaning all data resides in memory. As a consequence, the database is empty when the Memcached service restarts.
OpsRamp Memcached Adapter provides a comprehensive solution to monitor the health and performance of business-critical Memcached servers. This adapter allows IT administrators to identify and resolve problems with caching systems before they can have an adverse impact on the business.
OpsRamp Memcached Adapter supports the following three types of statistics:
- Memcached traffic statistics – defines the list of metrics that are used in collecting statistics regarding the Memcached database traffic.
- Memcached Items statistics – defines the list of metrics that are used in collecting statistics regarding items stored in Memcached database.
- Memcached Slabs statistics – defines the list of metrics that are used in collecting statistics regarding the size and limits of each slab of Memcached database.
Add Memcached adapter monitors
A Memcached adapter monitor is a collection of Memcached metrics defined by the platform.
- Go to Setup > Monitoring > Monitors. The MONITORS screen appears.
- Click + Add.
CREATE A MONITOR screen appears.
- Click Add Metric to add Memcached metrics to this monitor.
The Metrics page with the list of available Memcached metrics is displayed.
- Select the required metrics and click + Add Metrics.
The metrics are added to the monitor.
- From Configuration Parameters, edit the default values for the configuration parameters.
- Click Save.
A template is an instantiation of a monitor. A template is applied to devices.
After the creation of template is done, you can assign the template to resources.
- See Monitor Templates for information about assigning templates.