Synthetic monitoring includes performing application performance synthetic checks for internal applications using private location support using gateways. Perform the following to start monitoring:
- Step 1: Implementing the Instrumentation strategy.
- Step 2: Onboarding resources and users.
- Step 3: Enabling resource management policies.
- Step 4: Setting up synthetic monitors.
Steps to monitor from private locations
Step 1: Implementing the instrumentation strategy
To monitor any synthetic resources, install Gateway (Version 5.0.0 or above).
Step 2: Onboarding resources and users
Onboarding is the process of setting up OpsRamp to discover and manage your environment. Before using the platform, the primary requirement is to create an account to do the desired tasks for your organization. For more information, see Account Management.
Step 3: Enabling resource management profiles
Use the Gateway version 5.0.0 or above to enable internet and intranet monitoring of the infrastructure, after enabling Synthetics Agent.
ON to enable Synthetics Agent from Setup > Resources > Management Profiles > View Management Profile.
Step 4: Setting up synthetic monitors
- Assign a synthetic template to initiate synthetic monitoring using Assign Templates or Device Management Policies.
- Set permissions for Device Create, Device Edit, Device View, and Device Manage to create, edit, view, and delete the configured synthetic monitors respectively.
- Verify if the role assigned to you contains access to all resources. Otherwise, you cannot delete a synthetic monitor.
Configuring synthetic monitors according to the requirement enhances synthetic security and stabilizes IT operations process flow. For more information, see Creating synthetic monitors.