Events are generated on the resources and these events are converted into alerts.
OpsRamp supports Event Monitoring for the following resources:
- Cisco HyperFlex
- Cisco UCS
- Citrix Cloud VDA Server
- EMC CLARiiON
- EMC VNX
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Create an Event
You can create events at the Service Provider, Partner and Client scopes.
Follow these steps to create an event:
Navigate to Setup > Monitoring > Events.
From the Events listing page, click Add.
Enter the following details on the Create Event page and click Save:
Attributes Description Metric Scope Select the scope: Partner or Client Event or Service Provider Event. Adapter Type Select the adapter type. Example: VMware, Cisco UCS, EMC VNX. Name Unique name associated with the event. For VMware, enter the unique alarm name. Tag Name User-defined name for filtering. Display Name Unique display name. Description Event description.
Apply the event monitoring template on the resources. Based on the monitoring frequency, OpsRamp converts the events into alerts and shows the alerts in the alert browser.
Event name format
The following are acceptable formats for an event name:
- Event names should not contain a dot (.), instead use an underscore (_) between the words.
hyperflex.cluster.event.ClusterPolicyComplianceFailedEventis not valid
- An event name can have a maximum of ten underscores “_”. An event name cannot start or end with an underscore.
- An event name can contain numeric values (0-9), but cannot start with a numeric value.
- An event name should be case-insensitive.
- The length of the event name should be less than or equal to 255, including underscores.