Configuring synthetic monitors according to your requirement enhances synthetic security and stabilizes IT operations process flow.
- Whitelist IP addresses for your location.
- Assign a synthetic template.
This is used to initiate synthetic monitoring using Assign Templates or Device Management Policies.
- Set permissions for Device Create, Device Edit, Device View, and Device Manage to create, edit, view, and delete the configured synthetic monitors respectively.
- Verify if the role assigned to you contains access to all resources. Otherwise, you cannot delete a synthetic monitor.
The attributes created after configuring a synthetic monitor provides more visibility regarding details, such as metrics, monitors, and availability log.
Add synthetic monitors
Multiple synthetic monitors are available to configure in the application.
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Select Infrastructure > Synthetics and click ADD.
- From the options in the Type drop-down menu, select the synthetic monitor.
The Add Synthetic window displays parameters according to the option selected in the Type drop-down.