Select a client.
Create an agent or gateway management profile.
Go to Setup > Resources > Discovery and Deployment.
Click +Add and scroll down to enter the following details:
Profile Name: Profile name relating to a specific device type.
Discovery Type: Method of discovering the devices. You can discover your devices through agent, gateway, or public cloud.
Select Profile: Management profile assigned to discover the devices.
- Agents - Management profile of the agent configured as Master Agent.
- gateway - Management profile of the gateway.
Discovery Profile Type: Select Network Devices as Discovery Profile. For example, WLAN Controller.
Device Type: Choose the device type from the dropdown list:
WLAN Controller, and
Network Cloud Controller.
NoteOnly Cisco vendor devices are supported when Discovery Profile Type is
Network Devicesand Device Type is
Select a credential from the drop-down list. This credential refers to the access, authorization, or authentication credentials assigned to your devices managed by the network administrators.
If you do not have a credential already, create one (Optional):
Click Create Credentials. The Create credentials window is displayed.
Enter the following details and click Save.
- Name: Unique name of the credential set being created.
- Description: An optional description of the credential set.
- Type: Device for which the credentials need to be created. More fields are displayed for the device chosen. Enter the details required as per the device chosen.
- Connection time-out(ms) Specifies the connection time-out in milliseconds.
Click +Add to create or select multiple credentials. This option is available only if discovery type is set to Gateway.
Enter IP Address details of your devices.
The options under the Discovery Profile Types and IP address details are displayed as per the choice of Discovery Type. If you choose Discovery type as Agent, enter all the IP addresses in the box, separated by comma, or enter a range of IP Addresses to be discovered. If you choose Discovery type as Gateway, you have two choices:
Scan IP range: Select this option if you have an IP range and enter all the IP addresses in the box, separated by a comma or enter a range of IP addresses to be discovered.
Seed IPs: Enter the IP address of the root or the seed device. Seed IP defines the range of IP addresses where network discovery starts a scan. When a seed IP is defined, the root device and the adjacent neighbors of the root device are scanned.
- Depth: Select the depth from the drop-down list. The devices are scanned at a depth starting from the IP of the root device. Depth defines the level of the network you want to scan. For example, Depth 1 indicates the seed or the root device and its immediate neighbors. Depth 2 indicates seed or the root device including its immediate neighbors and their immediate neighbors.
- Include Subnet: Select this option if you want to discover devices of a specific subnet. To discover a specific subnet in the Seed IP, enter the subnet IP in CIDR format. For example, you want to discover devices from IPs 172.24.22.0 to 172.24.22.255 in a subnet, provide IP in CIDR format as 172.24.22.0/24
- Exclude Subnet: Select this option if you want to discover devices excluding those of a specific subnet. To exclude discovery of a specific subnet in the Seed IP, enter the subnet IP in CIDR format. For example, you want to exclude IPs 172.24.22.0 to 172.24.22.255 in a subnet, provide IP in CIDR format as 172.24.22.0/24.
Choose any of the following options to discover a device as per your device details. The options appear based on discovery type and vary with the selected discovery profile type.
(Optional) Choose the advanced options according to your requirements:
- TCP Ports for Host discovery: Enter the port numbers to scan and discover the host through the gateway. For example, ports 89 and 443. By default, the port numbers are 80 and 443.
Schedule the discovery by setting a Recurrence Pattern at a specified interval on an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis.
The Discovery and Deployment page displays the Discovery Profile with a list of Discovery Profiles.
Recurrence pattern options
|After every: Set the time interval after how many hours you want your devices to be scanned.