OpsRamp’s Secure Remote Console enables you to launch consoles into managed devices remotely. Remote consoles let you securely log into hybrid infrastructure through a wide variety of protocols like Secure Shell (SSH), Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Telnet, and Virtual Network Computing (VNC).
NoteAll actions carried out by an administrator on a device are recorded.
The benefits of using remote consoles are:
- Accessing a remote device through secured protocols
- Viewing or taking control of distributed systems to help users with issues.
- Transferring files among servers.
- Using video playback recordings for audit trails, change and compliance management, and training.
Types of remote consoles
OpsRamp provides the following types of remote consoles:
- Java console (JNLP): Allows you access a remote server using a Java-based plugin.
- Browser console: Allows you to access a remote server using a web browser.
Types of Protocols
The following table shows the types of supported protocols:
|Protocol Type (Service Type)||Connector Type||Supported Console||Port Number||IP Address|
|Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)||Agent/Gateway||Java/Browser||3389||Local host IP address 127.0.0.1|
|Virtual Network Computing (VNC)||Gateway||Java||5900||IP address of target device|
|Secure Shell (SSH)||Agent/Gateway||Java/Browser||22||IP address of target device|
|Secure Shell with Public Key (SSHPUBLICKEY)||Gateway||Java/Browser||22||IP address of target device|
|Telnet (TELNET)||Agent/Gateway||Java/Browser||23||IP address of target device|
|Remote Shell (RHSHELL)||Agent||Java||N/A||IP address of target device|
|File Transfer (FTRANSFER)||Agent||Java||N/A||Local host IP address 127.0.0.1/IP address of target device|
Locations to launch consoles
You can launch either a Java console or browser console from the following locations:
- Infrastructure page on each device
- Infrastructure page on multiple devices
- Device Details page
- Alert Details page
- Incident page
- Service Desk page
- Management Profile page
- Gateway Profiles page
- Topology page