Before installing a gateway for Windows, review the system requirements and specifications. For example, Explains about system requirements, supported operating systems, considerations, hardware requirements, supported features, and limitations
ImportantBefore installing a gateway on Windows, follow the recommended guidelines mentioned in the Instrumentation guide.
If Windows Gateway is configured to receive Syslog messages and SNMP traps, verify that access to
162 ports is available to allow inbound traffic.
|CPU Cores||4 cores|
|Hard Disk Drive||5 GB|
Operating system specifications
- Windows 10 64-bit: Enterprise and Professional
- Windows 2012 R2 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 2016 Datacenter 64-bit
Feature that works only in Windows Gateway:
WMI-based discovery and monitoring
Features not supported in Windows Gateway:
- Web Services (Synthetics)
- SIP (Synthetics)
- Serial and WebUI for Gateway registration
- API-based registration
- Proxy Service
- MAC and IP address masking
What to do next
- Review Installing Gateways on Windows.