Deploy a Gateway on Windows
Deploy and register the gateway on Windows using the Installer for Windows OS image.
See Windows System Requirements for more details.
Download the Gateway
Click the DOWNLOAD button to download the Windows image.
Install the Gateway
- To start the installation, click the installer
exefile as an administrator.
NoteWindows Gateway is a silent installation.
- (Optional) To view the log file to check the progress of installation, refer to the temp file:
C:\Windows\Tempand open the
OpsRampWindowsGatewayInstallationfile. The log file displays complete details.
After successful installation, a confirmation pop-up is displayed.
Register with OpsRamp
To register the gateway:
- Create a management profile from the OpsRamp console.
- Register using the command line interface.
Register using the Command Line Interface
- Log into the Windows Server where you installed the Windows gateway application.
- Open command prompt as an administrator and paste the copied command from the Management profile and press Enter.
The status of the registration is displayed in the command prompt.
A confirmation message appears after successful registration of gateway.
Activate the Gateway
- Login to the Windows machine, open the command prompt, and execute the following command:
cd “C:Program FilesOpsRampGatewayin” GatewayConfig.exe –api_server (host url) - <activation_key>
- Copy the Activation Token.
- Go to the OpsRamp Appliance Administration Panel to register the appliance.
- Change the default password.