Deploy a Gateway on VMWare vSphere with ISO Image
Deploy the gateway as a virtual machine using the ISO image on VMware vSphere.
See System Requirements for more details.
Download the Gateway
Click the DOWNLOAD button to download the ISO image.
Install Gateway as a Virtual Machine
- Connect to the ESXi server, and select Create New Virtual Machine.
- From the Create New Virtual Machine, provide details for the following:
- Configuration: Select Typical.
- Name and Location: Provide a unique name for the virtual machine.
- Storage: Select a destination storage section to store the virtual machine files.
- Guest Operating System: Select Linux and the desired version. For example, Ubuntu Linux(64-bit).
- Network: Select the number of NICs to connect to the network and select Connect at Power ON.
- Create a Disk: Provide the disk size value and the unit accordingly. Also, select the data store type from the available list.
Recommended size: 40 GB.
- Ready to Complete: View and verify the configuration summary of the new virtual machine.
- Select the checkbox Edit the virtual machine settings before completion and perform the following:
- Click Continue.
- From the New Virtual Machine Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- From the Hardware tab, provide details for the following:
- Memory: Provide the memory size (Recommended size is 4 GB) and the corresponding unit in the Memory Configuration section.
- CPUs: Provide the number of CPUs (Recommended cores: 2 vCPUs).
- Click Finish.
The ESXi server displays the new virtual machine.
To power on the machine, right-click on the machine, Power > Power On.
To initiate the gateway installation, press Enter key on the keyboard.
Activate the Gateway
- Login to Gateway Administration Web UI using the following URL:
Login to SSH to Gateway CLI with following default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: Pass@1234
- Go to Registration and enter the following details:
- API Server: copy and enter the host url.
- Activation Token: copy and enter the activation token.
- Complete the registration.
- Change the default password.