Follow these instructions to download and install a gateway ISO image on a VMware ESXi Server, using VMware vSphere.
Download a gateway image
- Go to Setup > Downloads > Gateway.
- In the ISO image for VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, and Nutanix AHV tile, click Download. This downloads ISO image OpsRampGateway.iso to your local computer.
Configure the gateway virtual machine
Connect to the ESXi server.
Select Create New Virtual Machine.
Enter the following information for the virtual machine:
- Configuration: Select Typical.
- Name and Location: Enter a unique name for your virtual machine.
- Guest OS family: Select Linux.
- Guest OS version: Select Ubuntu Linux (64-bit).
- Storage: Select a destination storage section to store the virtual machine files.
- Network: Select the number of NICs to connect to the network and select Connect at Power ON.
- Create a Disk:
- Enter the disk size and units. The recommended size is 40 GB.
- Select the datastore type from the list.
- Ready to Complete: View and verify the configuration summary of the new virtual machine.
Select Edit the virtual machine settings before completion and click Continue.
In the New Virtual Machine Properties window, click the Hardware tab and enter:
- In the Memory Configuration section, enter the memory size and the corresponding unit. The recommended size is 4 GB.
- CPUs: Enter the number of CPUs. The recommended core is two vCPUs.
- New CD/DVD: Select Data Store ISO and browse to the location where you downloaded the gateway ISO file.
- Verify the remaining hardware details.
The ESXi server displays the new virtual machine.
Install the gateway
To power on the machine, right-click the machine > Power > Power On.
Click Enter to install the gateway.