What significant improvements I can see after upgrading the gateway?
The upgraded version of the gateway maintains compatibility with SaaS upgrades. Few elements have in-depth monitoring templates.
What if the upgrade is not successful?
OpsRamp is tested end-to-end for gateway upgrades. However, in case of failure, OpsRamp rolls back the upgrades.
What are the steps involved in upgrading gateway?
To upgrade the gateway:
- The gateway downloads the latest firmware from the cloud.
- the gateway installs the firmware. When the install is in progress, monitoring is stopped for 2 to 3 minutes. The tunnel is re-connected.
- OpsRamp updates the gateway across all the clients. The update requires less than 5 to 10 minutes per gateway.
Which disruptions are possible during the upgrade process?
During the upgrading process, when a gateway is updated, it is re-connected to the tunnel. In case of failures associated with connecting the gateway back to OpsRamp, asj OpsRamp Support for assistance.
How long is each gateway down during an upgrade from start to finish?
The gateway upgrade consists of two phases: (1) Firmware download and (2) Firmware upgrade.
Phase 1: Firmware download
- Each gateway downloads its new firmware from the cloud.
- The gateway continues to run while the firmware is downloaded from the Cloud.
- Download time depends on the available network bandwidth – downloads are typically in the size range of 200-300 MB.
Phase 2: Firmware upgrade
- With this upgrade, the firmware is actually applied to Gateway.
- This process takes five minutes to complete.
- The gateway shuts down during this five minutes duration and does not monitoring your devices.
- The gateway restarts itself once firmware upgrade is complete.
While a gateway is being upgraded, which type of alerts are seen in the alert browser?
During the firmware upgrade, the cloud detects that the gateway is down and generates an alert with the subject Gateway is offline. This alert heals itself when the gateway is available again.
Which network ports are required for the gateway
Check the following list for network ports.
|Agent to Gateway||TCP: 3128|
|Gateway Web UI||TCP: 5480|
|SNMP Traps||TCP: 162|
How long are metric and alert data retained if the Gateway loses network connectivity?
On loss of network connectivity, the Gateway retains alert data for the last three days and retains metric data for the last four hours.