The following are the key specifications and configuration parameters of the Metric Insights app:
- Description: The app provides aggregated metrics data over a period of time for each resource. The user can select at least one metric and a maximum of five metrics from the list of metrics.
- Configuration Parameters:
- Add Query:
- Default query: The default query ( state = “active” AND monitorable = “true”) will be populated by default when open metric insight app. Users are able to modify/delete the default query and run his specific query.
- Using an OpsQL query, you can customize the report result. If users did not select “state” and “monitorable” attributes in the query string, in that case the user selection query would be appended by default with “state” and “monitorable” attributes.
For example: if a user only selects the agentInstalled attribute, the query will automatically append state = ‘active’ AND monitorable = true
The query will look like as below:
(agentInstalled = “true”) AND state = ‘active’ AND monitorable = true
- Select Metric: The metric will list out all of the metrics associated with the tenant. You can choose any of the five metrics from the list.
- Select Data Format: Select a type of data format from the option below. The “Consolidated List” option would be the default.
- Consolidated List: It provides all selected metrics data as a consolidated list in the XLSX format report.
- MetricWise: It provides each selected metric data in a separate sheet in the XLSX format report.
- Consolidated List and MetricWise: It supports both of the above options in an XLSX format report.
- Analysis Period: Supported analysis periods are: Last 24 hours, 7 days, Last month, Last 3 months, and specific period.
- Formats: Reports are generated only in XLSX format.
- Add Query:
- Supported users accounts: Only Client Level.
Sample of Metric Insights reports in XLSX format:
Refer to the Installation documentation on how to install and configure the apps.