Launch consoles from the Infrastructure page
A browser console permits you to access a remote server using a web browser. To launch a browser console from the Infrastructure page, perform the following steps:
Go to Infrastructure > Search.
In the Search field, type the OpsQL query. Example query:
$agent.installed IS "true"
From the list of resources displayed, select the target device, and click.
In the slide-out screen that appears, click the Actions and then, the Launch Remote Session buttons. In the Launch Remote Session window > Consoles field:
- Select a console from the existing list. (or)
- Add a new console by clicking the Add button and enter the following information:
- Name: Enter the name of the console.
- Connector: Enter the element (Agent or Gateway) managing the target device.
- Protocol: Protocol that you want to use to communicate with the target device.
The following protocols are supported:
- SSH: The Password or Public Key option is available. Select the Public key.
- Username: Login username of the target device.
- Password: Login password of the target device.
- Confirm Password: Reenter the password.
- Port: Port that transmits and receives data. Enter 22 as the port value.
- IP address: IP Address of the target device.
Click Add after entering the information. A new console is added.
Select the newly added console. Enter the following information on the Launch Remote Session window:
- Activity Log Notes: Enter the activity log notes information. This is a mandatory field.
- Enable upload or download: Select to upload or download a file to the console.
- In the Credentials field:
Select the applicable option for credentials.
- Use Credentials: Select the existing credentials or click Add to create new credentials.
In the Add Credential window that appears, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter the name of the credentials.
- Description: Provide a description.
- Type: Select the protocol type.
- Authentication Type (mandatory field): The Password or Keypair option is available. Select the keypair and Upload via file option.
For the keypair option, uploading a file through the Upload via file option is mandatory.
For the password option, the username, password, and confirm password fields are mandatory.
- Pass Phrase: Enter the Pass Phrase.
- Username: Enter the username. (Mandatory, only if you select the password as the Authentication Type)
- Password: Enter the password. (Visible, only if you select the password as the Authentication Type)
- Confirm Password: Reenter the password. (Visible, only if you select the password as the Authentication Type)
- Port: Enter the port number - 22.
- Connection Timeout (ms): Enter a value. Click Add. A new set of credentials is added.
- I have Credentials: If you have the credentials, select the option, upload the public key, and enter a Pass Phrase. Private keys are required for SSH keypair-based authentication.
- Use Credentials: Select the existing credentials or click Add to create new credentials. In the Add Credential window that appears, enter the following information:
The console will be launched. Enter your credentials in the browser console.
The target remote device is now connected, enabling activities to be performed on the device.