The Log Archives are used to forward logs to your own cloud storage system after the default retention period of 7 days has been exceeded. This allows you to store logs for long periods of time to meet compliance standards, for auditing purposes, to investigate long-term application/infrastructure issues, or access any logs that are not time-sensitive.
To archive the logs:
- Go to Infrastructure > Logs.
- On the left side of this page, click the Menu icon.
- From the MY LOGS VIEWS page, under QUICK LINKS, select Logs Configuration.The configuration page is displayed.
- From the configurations page, select the ARCHIVING tab.The Archiving details page is displayed with available options.
- Enter the below mentioned basic information:
|Select Cloud||Select the cloud storage. At present, we are only supporting AWS.|
|Bucket Name||Enter the name of the S3 bucket where the forwarded logs will be stored in lowercase.|
|Region||Select the AWS region which can be found by logging into your AWS console. You can find the region in the top right corner next to your account name.For example, us-east-1 or ap-southeast-3.|
|External ID||Optional.The external ID needs to be entered in the AWS console during the role creation process. You can find more information on how to create a new role in an AWS account from the Logs Configuration page in the OpsRamp portal.|
|Role ARN||Enter the Role ARN. You can find the role ARN from the earlier created role in the AWS console.|
- Click Save.The data is saved and you can forward logs to the configured cloud storage system.