A user group refers to a set of users who can access different device groups with different permissions. You can also assign roles to user groups to allow or disallow specific actions.
You can create, remove a user group at the partner level and at the client level.
Create a user group
Go to Setup > Accounts > User Groups, click the + Add button.
Select one of the following options for Select User Group Type:
- Partner User Group: Create user group for partners.
- Client User Group: Create user group for clients.
(Optional) If you selected Client User Group, select the name of Client.
Enter a unique Group Name.
From ADD USER GROUP page, provide details for User Group details section.
From Select Users section, provide details for the following:
- Email: Enter email IDs of users. The email field is required if the user group is considered as a distribution list. This distribution list can be viewed while selecting the users for escalating alerts.
- Select Users: From Available Users list use arrows to move to Assigned users.
After providing User Group details, click Assign Roles.
From the Assign Roles section, select the roles from Roles List.
USER GROUP DETAILS displays the new user group details.
Remove a user group
When an existing user group is deleted, it is removed from the platform.
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Setup > Accounts > User Groups.
- Select the user group that you want to delete and click Remove, which displays a confirmation message.
- Click Yes to confirm group removal.