- Roles define the access permissions of each user in your organization.
- Roles are sets of permissions and configurations that determine how a user interacts with the platform, as well as the functionality a user can access.
You can create multiple roles. The administrator role is the highest level that can access and control each resource. You can assign more than one role to a user or a user group.
You can configure Roles at the Service Provider(SP), Partner, and Client levels respectively.
- Permission sets have been created and available.
Create a Role
Follow these steps to create a role:
Click Setup > Account. The Account Details page is displayed.
Click the Users and Permissions tile on the Account Details page. The Permission Sets page is displayed.
Click the ROLES tile.
Click +ADD. The ROLE DETAILS page is displayed.
Enter the following information:
- Role Name: Unique name of the role.
- Permission Sets: Select the permission set(s) from the list.
Click Manage all permission sets to create a permission set.
Note: The Client Administrator, Client Dashboard Share Permission Set, and Client User are the default permission sets.
- Description: Provide details to describe the role.
From Resources visibility, select one of the following three options to apply visibility of devices to the role you are creating:
- All: Lets a role have the visibility of all resources in the client.
- Specified resource groups: Lets a role have the visibility of only the selected resources in the client.
- Select a resource group(s) from the list.
- None: Prevents a role from having the visibility of the client resources.
From Assign credentials, select one of the following three options to apply visibility of credentials to the role you are creating:
- All: Lets a role have visibility of all credentials in the client.
- Specified credentials: Lets a role have visibility of only the selected credentials in the client.
- Select a credential(s) from the list.
- None: Prevents the role from having visibility of client credentials.
From Classic Dashboards, select one or more dashboards from the list.
The role is created and displayed in the ROLES listing page.
Users can perform the following actions based on the context:
|Type of user||Current context||User action|
|Service Provider User||Service Provider|
|Partner User||Client||Manage roles for the current client.|
|Client User||Client||Manage roles for the current client.|
You can perform the following actions after creating a role:
|Search||To search for a role:|
|View||To view a role:|
Note: You cannot edit a default role.
Note: You cannot remove a default role.