An agent is a low-footprint, secure application that runs on managed servers. The agent runs as two (2) OS processes:
- Agent: Runs all the instrumentation required to manage your server.
- Agent Shield: As a watchdog process for the agent, the Agent Shield monitors agent and restarts when it stops running.
On Windows, the agent and agent shield run as Windows services. On Linux, they run as OS processes.
After installation on the target devices, agent collects data, including:
- OS information
- Hardware information
- Application Information
- Services Information
- Patch Information
- AV information
On loss of network connectivity, the Agent retains alert data for the last three days and retains metric data for the last four hours.
- Discovery & Deployment: Discover devices through PING, SNMP or WMI. Deploy using one of the multiple methods available.
- Asset Collection and Proactive Jobs: Collect data and assign jobs manually or through device management policies
- Scripts/Automation: Assign tasks automatically
- Monitoring templates: For Windows & Linux operating systems.
- Applications monitor support: Map script to a monitor output so that it can self remediate or provide more information.
- Patch Management: Download the patches from Microsoft and WSUS policies and apply globally across multiple sites.
- Application Dashboards: Collect appplication-specific information and display on dashboard.
Windows G2 Agent versioning starts with the 6.x series. Example: 6.00.0011.
Linux G2 Agent versioning starts with the 4.x or 5.x series. Example: 5.2.1-1.
To find the agent version:
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Select Infrastructure
- Select the resource type and click the resource name.
- In the left panel, click Attributes.
- Click More Information to view the OpsRamp Agent Version.