User groups play a crucial role in account management. A user group refers to a set of users who can access different device groups with different permissions. You can also assign roles for the user groups to do any specific action in OpsRamp.
You can create, remove a user group at the partner level or at the client level.
Creating user groups
To create a user:
- Go to Setup > Accounts > User Groups, click the + Add button.
- Select one of the following options for Select User Group Type:
- Partner User Group: Create user group for partners.
- Client User Group: Create user group for clients.
- (Optional) If you selected Client User Group, then select the name of Client.
- Enter a unique Group Name.
- From ADD USER GROUP page, provide details for User Group details section.
- From Select Users section, provide details for the following:
Email: Enter email IDs of users.
WarningThe email field is mandatory if the user group is considered as a distribution list. This distribution list can be viewed while selecting the users for escalating alerts.
Select Users: From Available Users list use arrows to move to Assigned users.
- After providing User Group details, click Assign Roles.
- From the Assign Roles section, select the desired roles from Roles List.
Selected Roles displays the roles.
- Click Save.
USER GROUP DETAILS displays the new user group details.
Removing user groups
When an existing user group is deleted, it is removed from the OpsRamp platform.
To delete a user group:
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Setup > Accounts > User Groups.
- Select the user group that you want to delete and click Remove.
The screen displays a confirmation message.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message.