The Hitachi VSP is managed after being integrated and discovered. The supported Hitachi VSP models are VSP G200/400/600/800 and VSP F200/400/600/800.
Credentials are required prior to installing and configuring Hitachi VSP.
To create credentials:
- Go to All Clients and select the client.
- Go to Setup > Account, click Clients to select the client to store credentials.
- From the Client Details page, click Credentials > Add.
- Provide the name, description, and select Hitachi VSP as the credential type.
- Provide the username and configure the following credential details:
- Using Policy Mapping: Enables user to integrate a password manager application with the appropriate credentials to control access to a device.
- Password: Authentication password to access a device.
- Provide either port number
5988for the HTTPS connection.
Example: Select Is Secure and enter
5989as the port number.
- Provide the connection timeout and click Save. Th default connection timeout is 1000 milliseconds.
ImportantEnsure that the namespace is root/hitachi/smis.
- Installing the integration
- Creating the discovery profile
- Adding a discovery profile.
- Viewing the Hitachi VSP details.
Step 1: Install the integration
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
- From Available Integrations, select Storage
- Click Install.
- Provide a name for the integration, resource IP Address, and select the credentials.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Create the discovery profile
Before adding a discovery profile, create a management profile.
To add a discovery profile:
- Click Add to create a discovery profile.
- Select Management Profile.
- Filter for resources that need be discovered.
- Select Smart Filters to filter resources based on the resource type. Select All Resources to discover all resources types of Hitachi VSP.
- Select Resource Filters to filter resources based on certain resource attributes.
- Select matching criteria to match Any or All rules.
- Filter for resources using the following attributes: resource type, attribute name, logical operator, and value.
- Note: Use regular expressions to filter resources using logical operator Regex.
- In Perform Actions , select Manage Device if the resources need to be managed.
- To schedule the discovery process:
- Select Discovery Schedule.
- Select the preferred Recurrence Pattern.
- Click Save. Discovery triggers based on the scheduled time.
A new resource added to the Hitachi VSP is automatically discovered and managed by the system.
Step 3: Select the profile
On the discovery profile page, select the profile and click the Scan Now button to scan the infrastructure.
Step 4: View the Hitachi VSP details
The Hitachi VSP is now successfully integrated and appears in the Storage category of the Infrastructure page.
NoteClick the name to view details.
What to do next
- See Onboarding Guide for information on applying monitoring templates and verifying the integration.