Events generated from integration failures (both inbound and outbound configurations) can be monitored.
- Alerts are generated when an integration failures occur.
- Metrics are provided to monitor integration failures.
- Templates are available to create and assign to the integration.
Monitoring integration failures are applicable to the following types of integrations:
- Monitoring integration
- Collaboration integration
- Email Alert
- Email Incident
- Custom Integration (Only for client-based APIs)
- Integration failure details are not captured.
- Integration failure monitoring is implemented only at the client-level.
Step 1: View metrics
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Setup > Monitor Management > Metrics.
- From Collector Type, select Integration.
The following metrics are available for monitoring integration failures:
|integration.email.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the email failures.|
|integration.inbound.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the failures raised during the inbound data flow.|
|integration.inbound.reqs.throttled||Defines the metric used to throttle the inbound requests.|
|integration.outbound.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the failures raised during the outbound data flow.|
|integration.outbound.time-outs||Defines the metric used to count the time-outs caused during outbound data flow.|
Step 2: Create monitor
Select Setup > Monitoring > Monitors and click +.
Enter the following information:
- Monitor Scope: Partner Monitor or Client Specific Monitor
- Partner: (auto-populated)
- Client: select_client
- Adaptor Type: Integration
- Name: monitoring_name
- Description: short-description
- To add the integration failure metrics, click Add Metrics.
- Select all the metrics and click Add Metrics.
Step 3: Create template
- Go to Monitor Management > Templates and click +.
- From the Select Template Scope, select Global Template.
- From the Collector Type, select Integration.
Monitoras Monitor Type.
- Enter Template Name and Description.
- In the Monitors section, click +Add.
- In the Frequency drop-down list, select the required frequency of polling to monitor selected metrics.
Note: The minimum supported frequency time is 2 mins.
- In the Monitor Definition drop-down list, select the monitor created in the earlier step.
- Select the Alert checkbox for all parameters.
- Select the Warning Operator and define value for Warning Threshold.
- Select the Critical Operator and define value for Critical Threshold.
- Click Add. The monitors are added to the template.
- Click Save.
Step 4: Assign template to integration
- Go to Integrations > Integrations.
- Select a client for the selected partner. All the installed integrations for the client are displayed.
- Select the integration and click the Monitoring tab to assign the template.
- Click +Assign Template. The list of templates are displayed.
- Select the template to be assigned to the client and click Assign Templates.
- The template gets assigned to the integration.
Step 5: View alerts
- Go to Alerts, click Edit Criteria and select the Partner, Client.
- Select Alert Type > Monitoring and click Apply. All alerts raised from integration failure for the selected partner and client are displayed.
- Click the alert to view the details and click the Alert History tab to view complete details of the alert.