Events generated from integration failures (both inbound and outbound configurations) can be monitored.
- Alerts are generated when integration failures occur.
- Metrics are provided to monitor integration failures.
- Templates are available to create and assign to the integration.
Monitoring integration failures are applicable to the following types of integrations:
- Monitoring integration
- Collaboration integration
- Email Alert
- Email Incident
- Custom Integration (Only for client-based APIs)
- Integration failure details are not captured.
- Integration failure monitoring is implemented only at the client-level.
Step 1: View metrics
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Setup > Monitor Management > Metrics.
- From Collector Type, select Integration.
The following metrics are available for monitoring integration failures:
|integration.email.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the email failures.|
|integration.inbound.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the failures raised during the inbound data flow.|
|integration.inbound.reqs.throttled||Defines the metric used to throttle the inbound requests.|
|integration.outbound.failures.count||Defines the metric used to count the failures raised during the outbound data flow.|
|integration.outbound.time-outs||Defines the metric used to count the time-outs caused during outbound data flow.|
Step 2: Create monitor
Select Setup > Monitoring > Monitors and click +.
Enter the following information:
- Monitor Scope: Partner Monitor or Client Specific Monitor
- Partner: (auto-populated)
- Client: select_client
- Adaptor Type: Integration
- Name: monitoring_name
- Description: short-description
- To add the integration failure metrics, click Add Metrics.
- Select all the metrics and click Add Metrics.
Step 3: Create template
- Go to Monitor Management > Templates and click +.
- From the Select Template Scope, select Global Template.
- From the Collector Type, select Integration.
Monitoras Monitor Type.
- Enter Template Name and Description.
- In the Monitors section, click +Add.
- In the Frequency drop-down list, select the required frequency of polling to monitor selected metrics.
- In the Monitor Definition drop-down list, select the monitor created in the earlier step.
- Select the Alert checkbox for all parameters.
- Select the Warning Operator and define the value for the Warning Threshold.
- Select the Critical Operator and define the value for the Critical Threshold.
- Click Add. The monitors are added to the template.
- Click Save.
Step 4: Assign template to integration
- Go to Integrations > Integrations.
- Select a client for the selected partner. All the installed integrations for the client are displayed.
- Select the integration and click the Monitoring tab to assign the template.
- Click +Assign Template. The list of templates are displayed.
- Select the template to be assigned to the client and click Assign Templates.
- The template gets assigned to the integration.
Step 5: View alerts
- Go to Alerts, click Edit Criteria and select the Partner, Client.
- Select Alert Type > Monitoring and click Apply. All alerts raised from integration failure for the selected partner and client are displayed.
- Click the alert to view the details and click the Alert History tab to view complete details of the alert.
An alert is triggered when there is an integration failure. The alert description includes a timestamp and an error message.
Timestamp format: Day + Month + Date + time (
time zone + year.