Cloud Interconnect extends your on-premises network to Google’s network through a highly available, low latency connection. You can use Dedicated Interconnect to connect directly to Google or use Partner Interconnect to connect to Google through a supported service provider.
Use OpsRamp Google Public Cloud Integration to discover and collect metrics against Google Interconnect.
To set up the Google integration and discover the Google Interconnect services, do the following:
- Create a Google Cloud Integration if not available in your installed integrations. For more information on how to install the Google Cloud Integration, refer to GCP Resources.
- Create a discovery profile. For more information on how to create discovery profiles, refer to Create a Discovery Profile.
Interconnectin the Google Integration Discovery Profile.
- Save the discovery profiles to make them available in the list of Discovery Profiles.
- Scan to discover the resources at any time independent of the predefined schedule.
- Once the scan is completed, you can view the Cognito resources under Infrastructure > Resources > Google Cloud category.
- Create a template with collector type Google and applicable for Interconnect. See Create a Template for more information on how to create a template.
- Refer to Assign a Template on how to assign a template to a resource.
- Click the Metrics tab to view the monitoring data of Interconnect as shown below:
|OpsRamp Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Aggregation Type|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_capacity||Network Capacity||By/s||Network Capacity Active capacity of the interconnect.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_dropped_packets_count||Dropped Packets||packets||Number of outbound packets dropped due to link congestion.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_link_operational||Circuit Operational Status||Indicates whether the operational status of the circuit is 'up'.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_link_rx_power||Circuit Receive Power||dBm||Light level received over physical circuit.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_link_tx_power||Circuit Transmit Power||dBm||Light level transmitted over physical circuit.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_operational||Operational Status||Whether the operational status of the interconnect is 'up'.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_receive_errors_count||Ingress Errors||Errors||Number of errors encountered while receiving packets.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_received_bytes_count||Ingress Bytes||By||Number of inbound bytes received.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_received_unicast_packets_count||Ingress Unicast Packets||Packets||Number of inbound unicast packets received.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_send_errors_count||Egress Errors||Errors||Number of errors encountered while sending packets.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_sent_bytes_count||Egress Bytes||By||Number of outbound bytes sent.||Average|
|google_interconnect_network_interconnect_sent_unicast_packets_count||Egress Unicast Packets||Packets||Number of outbound unicast packets sent.||Average|