To discover your Google Cloud resources, you need to create a discovery profile.
Create a discovery profile
Discovery Profile defines the range of devices that you want to discover. You can create multiple discovery profiles, each for a different set of resources. You can save each profile and reuse it for future discoveries.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
A list of all the installed integrations is displayed.
- From the installed integrations, click the installed Google Cloud integration.
The GOOGLE CLOUD INTEGRATION page displays the Credentials and Discovery Profiles.
- In the Discovery Profiles section, click Add.
- On the Add Discovery Profile page, provide a suitable name in the Profile Name field.
- From Filter Criteria Type:
- Select Smart Filters to select specific or all the resources.
- Select Resources Filters to define the criteria and filter the resources.
Add resources to the group using the following filter criteria options:
- Click Any or All to match any one or all of the defined conditions for filtering.
- Select the options for the following filter criteria fields:
- Resource Type: Lists all the supported resource types.
- Attribute Name: Lists the attributes of the type of resource selected. Attributes vary according to the resource type chosen.
- Logic condition: Refers to a logical match criterion to enhance search results.
Options: Contains, Not Contains, Equals, Not Equals, Starts With, Ends With, and Regex.
- Value: Refers to a value corresponding to the attribute name and logic condition.
- Click Add Criteria to include more filter criteria.
- Select the actions to do on the resources:
- Select the Manage Device option such that all the discovered resources are in a managed state.
- Select the Collect Cost Analytics option to collect cost details of the resources utilized in the project and enter the bucket name configured for billing.
- Select the Stream Google Events option to consume GCP events and enter the GCP event subscription name.
- From the Assign Gateway Management Profile, select the gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
- Select Agent Type as Direct or Proxy.
If you select Proxy then select a gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Install Agent (Linux only) if the agent needs to be installed on the device and select the device credentials.
- Select the Discovery Schedule option to schedule a discovery and define the preferred Recurrence pattern.
- Click Save. The discovery profile is displayed in the list in the Discovery Profiles section.
Discover Google Cloud resources
The following options are available to discover Google Cloud resources:
- Set a discovery schedule and define a preferred recurrence pattern. The systems scans regularly at the defined schedule to discover any new resources added to your environment.
- Click the Scan Now button to discover the resources any time irrespective of the schedule.
All the discovered resources are visible in the Google Cloud folder on the Infrastructure page.