|ONTAP API 7-mode APIs|
|NetApp Filer version 8.2.2|
NetApp Filers is a high-performance, mission critical product used by large enterprises and service providers.
OpsRamp monitors NetApp Filer using SNMP and the NetApp API.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) must be enabled on the NetApp Filer.
To check the TLS status:
SSH username@hostname system services web show
If TLS is not enabled:
External Web Services: true Status: online HTTP Protocol Port: 80 HTTPS Protocol Port: 443 TLSv1 Enabled: true SSLv3 Enabled: true SSLv2 Enabled: true
Step 1: Create a credential
From All Clients, choose a client.
Go to Setup > Accounts > Clients.
In the client Credentials tab, add the credential information. Credential settings include:
Use Password Vault: If enabled, specify
Policy Mapping, otherwise, enter a password:
- Policy mapping enables integration of a Password Manager application with credentials.
- Password is the authentication password to access a resource.
- For HTTP, use port
- For HTTPS, select Is Secure and use port
- For HTTP, use port
Step 2: Configure the integration
From All Clients, select a client.
Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
From Available Integrations, select Storage > NetApp Filer and click Install.
- IP address
- Credentials. Select an existing credential or create a new credential.
Step 3: Add a discovery profile
From the Discovery Profiles tab, click + Add.
From the Add Discovery Profile window, enter:
- Profile Name: Discovery profile name.
- Select Profile: Choose a management profile.
- IP Address: NetApp Filer IP address.
From the Filter Criteria section, filter for resources using one of the following:
Smart Filters: Filter resources based on the resource type.
Resource Filters: Filter resources based on resource attributes:
- Select matching criteria to match Any or All rules.
- Filter for resources using the following attributes: resource type, attribute name, logical operator, and value.
Use regular expressions to filter resources using logical operator regex.
From the Perform Actions section, choose Manage Device to set the resources as managed.
From the Discovery Schedule section, select Recurrence Pattern to add one of the following:
From the Discovery Profiles section, click Scan Now for the associated profile.
Step 4: View the NetApp Filer infrastructure details
NetApp Filer is displayed in the Infrastructure > Resources > Storage > NetApp Filer category. Click the name to view details. Monitoring is enabled according to configured metric criteria.
Step 5: Assign the monitoring template
Step 6: View resource metrics
To confirm NetApp Filer resource monitoring, review the following:
- Metric graphs: A graph is plotted for each metric that is enabled in the configuration.
- Alerts: Alerts are generated for metrics that are configured as defined for integration.