The Hitachi VSP is managed after being integrated and discovered. The supported Hitachi VSP models are VSP G200/400/600/800 and VSP F200/400/600/800.
Credentials are required before installing and configuring Hitachi VSP.
To create credentials:
- Go to All Clients and select the client.
- Go to Setup > Account, click Clients to select the client to store credentials.
- From the Client Details page, click Credentials > Add.
- Provide the name, description, and select Hitachi VSP as the credential type.
- Provide the username and configure the following credential details:
- Using Policy Mapping: Enables user to integrate a password manager application with the appropriate credentials to control access to a device.
- Password: Authentication password to access a device.
- Provide either port number
5988for the HTTPS connection.
Example: Select Is Secure and enter
5989as the port number.
- Provide the connection time-out and click Save. Th default connection time-out is 1000 milliseconds.
Ensure that the namespace is root/hitachi/smis.
- Installing and configuring the integration.
- Creating the discovery profile.
- Adding a discovery profile.
- Viewing the Hitachi VSP details.
Step 1: Install the integration
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
- From Available Integrations, select Storage
- Click Install.
- Provide a name for the integration, resource IP Address, and select the credentials.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Create the discovery profile
Before adding a discovery profile, create a management profile.
To add a discovery profile:
- Click Add to create a discovery profile.
- Select Management Profile.
- Filter for resources that need be discovered.
- Select Smart Filters to filter resources based on the resource type. Select All Resources to discover all resources types of Hitachi VSP.
- Select Resource Filters to filter resources based on certain resource attributes.
- Select matching criteria to match Any or All rules.
- Filter for resources using the following attributes: resource type, attribute name, logical operator, and value.
- Note: Use regular expressions to filter resources using logical operator Regex.
- In Perform Actions , select Manage Device if the resources need to be managed.
- To schedule the discovery process:
- Select Discovery Schedule.
- Select the preferred Recurrence Pattern.
- Click Save. Discovery triggers based on the scheduled time.
A new resource added to the Hitachi VSP is automatically discovered and managed by the system.
Step 3: Select the profile
On the discovery profile page, select the profile and click the Scan Now button to scan the infrastructure.
Step 4: View the Hitachi VSP details
The Hitachi VSP is now successfully integrated and appears in the Storage category of the Infrastructure page.
Click the name to view details.