Supported API VersionsIn general Hitachi VSP models are supported that implement the API version listed in Hitachi VSP Tuning Manager and Hitachi VSP Ops Center Analyzer.
This document describes how to discover and monitor an Hitachi VSP storage platform.
Credentials are required before installing and configuring Hitachi VSP.
- Go to All Clients and select the client.
- Go to Setup > Account, click Clients to select the client to store credentials.
- From the Client Details page, click Credentials > Add.
- Enter the name, description, and select Hitachi VSP as the credential type.
- Enter the username and configure the following credential details:
- Using Policy Mapping: Enables user to integrate a password manager application with the appropriate credentials to control access to a device.
- Password: Authentication password to access a device.
- Enter port number
5988for the HTTPS connection. Example: Select Is Secure and enter
5989as the port number.
- Enter the connection time-out and click Save. Th default connection time-out is 1000 milliseconds.
Ensure that the namespace is root/hitachi/smis.
Step 1: Install the integration
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
- From Available Integrations, select Storage
- Click Install.
- Enter a name for the integration, resource IP Address, and select the credentials.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Add a discovery profile
Before adding a discovery profile, create a management profile.
- Click Add to create a discovery profile.
- Select Management Profile.
- Filter for resources that need be discovered.
- Select Smart Filters to filter resources based on the resource type. Select All Resources to discover all resources types of Hitachi VSP.
- Select Resource Filters to filter resources based on certain resource attributes.
- Select matching criteria to match Any or All rules.
- Filter for resources using the following attributes: resource type, attribute name, logical operator, and value.
- Use regular expressions to filter resources using logical operator Regex.
- In Perform Actions , select Manage Device if the resources need to be managed.
- To schedule the discovery process:
- Select Discovery Schedule.
- Select the preferred Recurrence Pattern.
- Click Save. Discovery triggers based on the scheduled time.
A new resource added to the Hitachi VSP is automatically discovered and managed by the system.
Step 3: Select the profile
On the discovery profile page, select the profile and click the Scan Now button to scan the infrastructure.
Step 4: View the Hitachi VSP details
The Hitachi VSP is now successfully integrated and is displayed in the Storage category of the Infrastructure page.
Click the name to view details.