OpsRamp integrates with Cisco HyperFlex using REST APIs and enables monitoring of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) platform components.
Category: Compute Integration
Step 1: Create a credential
- Select a client from the All Clients list.
- Go to Setup > Accounts > Clients.
- On the client’s Credentials tab, add the credential information.
Step 2: Configure the integration
From All Clients, select a client.
Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
From Available Integrations, select Compute > Cisco HyperFlex and click Install.
- IP address
- Credentials: Select an existing credential or create a credential.
Step 3: Add a discovery profile
From the integration, click Add.
- Profile name
- Host name
- Select Management Profile.
- Select Smart Filters to filter resources based on the resources types and select All Resources to discover all resource types. Unselect the Virtual Machines option if you do not want to discover VMs.
- Select Resource Filters to filter resources based on resource attributes.
Perform actions: Select Manage Device if the resource needs to be managed.
Discovery schedule: To schedule the discovery process, select Discovery Schedule, select the preferred Recurrence Pattern, and click Save. Discovery triggers based on the scheduled time. A new resource type added to Cisco HyperFlex is automatically discovered and managed by OpsRamp.
From the Discovery Profiles section, select the profile and click Scan Now to scan Cisco HyperFlex.
Cisco HyperFlex resource is successfully integrated and is displayed in the Cisco HyperFlex category in the Infrastructure page.
After a discovery profile is created, you can do the following:
- View the integration: Go to Infrastructure > Resources.
- Assign monitoring templates to the resource.
- Validate that the resource was successfully added to OpsRamp.
Assign Monitoring templates to the resource
- Go to Infrastructure > Resources.
- From Resources page of Cisco HyperFlex, click the resource name > resource Details > Monitors > Template.
- From the Templates screen, click +Assign Templates.
- From Apply Templates, Select Templates > Available templates, select the templates.
- Click Assign. The Templates screen displays the selected templates.
The gateway monitors the application using the assigned templates and displays the results in a graphical format.
To confirm the monitoring of Cisco HyperFlex device, review the following:
- The graph plotted for each metric in the template.
- Alerts generated for metrics in the template by giving thresholds.