AWS OpsWorks Stacks helps manage applications and servers on AWS and on-premises.
With OpsWorks Stacks, you can:
- Model your application as a stack containing different layers, such as load balancing, database, and application server.
- Deploy and configure Amazon EC2 instances in each layer or connect other resources such as Amazon RDS databases.
- Set automatic scaling for your servers based on preset schedules or in response to changing traffic levels. It uses lifecycle hooks to orchestrate changes as your environment scales.
- Run Chef recipes using Chef Solo to automate tasks such as installing packages and programming languages or frameworks, configuring software, and more.
To set up the OpsRamp AWS integration and discover the AWS service,
go to AWS Integration Discovery Profile and select
|OpsRamp Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Aggregation Type||Description|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_idle||CPU Idle||None||Average||Percentage of time that the CPU is idle.|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_nice||CPU Nice||None||Average||Percentage of time that the CPU is handling processes with a positive nice value, which have a lower scheduling priority.|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_steal||CPU Steal||None||Average||As AWS allocates hypervisor CPU resources among increasing numbers of instances, virtualization load rises which can affect how often the hypervisor can perform requested work on an instance. cpu_steal measures percentage of time that an instance is waiting for the hypervisor to allocate physical CPU resources.|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_system||CPU System||None||Average||Percentage of time that the CPU is handling system operations.|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_user||CPU User||None||Average||Percentage of time that the CPU is handling user operations.|
|aws_opsworks_cpu_waitio||CPU Wait IO||None||Average||Percentage of time that the CPU is waiting for input/output operations.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_buffers||Memory Buffers||None||Average||Amount of buffered memory.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_cached||Memory Cached||None||Average||Amount of cached memory.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_free||Memory Free||None||Average||Amount of free memory.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_swap||Memory Swap||None||Average||Amount of swap space.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_total||Memory Total||None||Average||Total amount of memory.|
|aws_opsworks_memory_used||Memory Used||None||Average||Amount of memory in use.|
|aws_opsworks_load_1||Load Over 1min||None||Average||Load averaged over a one-minute window.|
|aws_opsworks_load_5||Load Over 5min||None||Average||Load averaged over a five-minute window.|
|aws_opsworks_load_15||Load Over 15min||None||Average||Load averaged over a 15-minute window.|
|aws_opsworks_procs||Number Of Active Processes||None||Average||Number of active processes.|
CloudTrail event support
- Not Supported
CloudWatch alarm support
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.