Amazon GuardDuty is a continuous security monitoring service that analyzes and processes the following data sources: -VPC Flow Logs
- AWS CloudTrail event logs
- DNS logs
Amazon GuardDuty uses threat intelligence feeds (such as lists of malicious IPs and domains) and machine learning to identify unexpected and potentially unauthorized and malicious activity within your AWS environment. This can include issues like escalations of privileges, uses of exposed credentials, or communication with malicious IPs, URLs, or domains.
For example, GuardDuty can detect compromised EC2 instances serving malware or mining bitcoin. It also monitors AWS account access behavior for signs of compromise, such as:
- unauthorized infrastructure deployments
- instances deployed in a region that has never been used
- unusual API calls
- password policy changes to reduce password strength
Use the OpsRamp AWS public cloud integration to discover and collect metrics against the AWS service.
To set up the OpsRamp AWS integration and discover the AWS service,
go to AWS Integration Discovery Profile and select
|OpsRamp Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Aggregation Type||Description|
CloudTrail event support
- Supported (CreateIPSet, CreateThreatIntelSet, DeleteThreatIntelSet, DeleteIPSet)
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.
CloudWatch alarm support
- Not Supported