Mesosphere DC/OS (DataCenter Operating System) is a distributed operating system that has a container orchestration platform and cluster resource management. The Mesosphere DC/OS contains a group of agent nodes that collaborates with a group of master nodes. Mesos ensures that the required number of instances of the requested tasks (micro-services) is running. When an instance fails, it starts a new instance with the resource offered by Mesos.
Mesos uses a group of devices called Mesos Cluster to run micro-services. The cluster devices (nodes) are classified into two categories namely Mesos Agent and Mesos Masters. The Mesos can have multiple master nodes at a time and only one master node acts as the real master and other stays as standby. The standby nodes do the same job as a master node when the running master node fails. The master node assigns tasks to agent to run the tasks.
OpsRamp lets you monitor the Mesos cluster with the help of Mesos Integration. As the monitoring of the clusters is agent-based, you must run agent in every cluster node (All Mesos masters, Standby masters, and Agent). The new agent can automatically detect if the running environment is a Mesos cluster and identify the category (Master/Agent). You must provide a Cluster ID for every agent at the time of installation.
- Ensure to provide access to all master nodes to execute a command.
- Enable node access to the app server and connection node.
- Ensure to install the Mesos master and Mesos agent in your environment.
To configure the integration:
- From All Clients, select the client.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
- From Available Integrations, select Compute > Mesophere DC/OS and click Install.
- Enter a name for the integration.
- Click Install.
Configuration involves installing the OpsRamp agent on all of the master and agent nodes in the cluster. The agent can be installed using one of the following methods:
- Using the
docker runcommand (containerized agent).
- As a regular process.
The OpsRamp agent must be installed on each node of the Mesosphere cluster.
Installing agents with
The most recent
docker run command is provided in the OpsRamp configuration.
Agents must be deployed on both master and agent nodes.
docker run command installs the agent as a container in the Mesosphere cluster.
On all master nodes, execute the following
docker run command:
docker run -d --net=host --name=opsramp-agent -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /run/dcos/dcos-diagnostics.sock:/var/run/dcos-diagnostics.sock -e AGENT_API_KEY="TSaPCM9MvaBp4ySxJGfNru9ch8a7MJE2" -e AGENT_API_SECRET="X9mQ9kqWXa9J2fFuZEzwZ4WFAQ8YG3MSvwksnWDR8duREYx6Vkgy5sU7Adf5fake" -e APP_SERVER="app-2adc3.opsramp.com" -e LOG_LEVEL="warn" -e MESOS_MASTER="TRUE" -e CLUSTER_ID="INTG-c3032402-fdb9-4465-896c-dfedbac874a3" opsramp/agent
Deploying on the agent nodes can be done using one of the following methods:
- docker command
To deploy on the agent nodes user the
docker command, execute the following
docker run command:
docker run -d --net=host --name=opsramp-agent -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -e AGENT_API_KEY="TSaPCM9MvaBp4ySxJGfNru9ch8a7MJE2" -e AGENT_API_SECRET="X9mQ9kqWXa9J2fFuZEzwZ4WFAQ8YG3MSvwksnWDR8duREYx6Vkgy5sU7Adf5fake" -e APP_SERVER="app-2adc3.opsramp.com" -e LOG_LEVEL="warn" -e MESOS_AGENT="TRUE" -e CLUSTER_ID="INTG-c3032402-fdb9-4465-896c-dfedbac874a3" opsramp/agent
To deploy on the agent nodes using catalog:
- Go to Mesosphere web portal then navigate to the catalog section.
- Select application with the name
- Enter the required details provided in the integration details page.
- Click Review and Run and Run Service.
Installing agents as a regular process
To install the OpsRamp Agent:
- Go to Setup > Downloads > OpsRamp Agent.
- Click the Download icon to download the package requirements according to your operating system.
- Click Instructions. You must follow the instructions until running Python command.
- After reaching the Python command, you must add an extra argument
-Cfollowed by Cluster ID. You can obtain Cluster ID from Agents Deployment Configuration screen under Mesos Integration.
After adding the Cluster ID, run the following Python commands:
sudo python /opt/opsramp/agent/bin/configure.py -K <key>-S <secret> -s <apipurl> -C <ClusterID> sudo python /opt/opsramp/agent/bin/configure.py -K <key>-S <secret> -s <apipurl> -C <ClusterID> -f "agent:RemoteCommand,agent:PatchManagement,agent:Automation,agent:RemoteConsole"
- View the Mesosphere integration details in Infrastructure > Resources.