Azure Active Directory B2C (Azure AD B2C) is a customer identity access management (CIAM) solution capable of supporting millions of users and billions of authentications per day. It takes care of the scaling and safety of the authentication platform, monitoring and automatically handling threats like denial-of-service, password spray, or brute force attacks.
In Azure AD B2C, a tenant represents your organization and is a directory of users. Each Azure AD B2C tenant is distinct and separate from other Azure AD B2C tenants. An Azure AD B2C tenant is different than an Azure Active Directory tenant, which you may already have.
The primary resources you work with in an Azure AD B2C tenant are:
Directory - The directory is where Azure AD B2C stores your users' credentials and profile data, and your application registrations.
Application registrations - You register your web, mobile, and native applications with Azure AD B2C to enable identity management. Also, any APIs you want to protect with Azure AD B2C.
User flows and custom policies - The built-in (user flows) and fully customizable (custom policies) identity experiences for your applications.
- Use user flows for quick configuration and enablement of common identity tasks like sign up, sign in, and profile editing.
- Use custom policies to enable user experiences not only for the common identity tasks, but also for crafting support for complex identity workflows unique to your organization, customers, employees, partners, and citizens.
Identity providers - Federation settings for:
- Social identity providers like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter that you want to support in your applications.
- External identity providers that support standard identity protocols like OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and more.
- Local accounts that enable users to sign up and sign in with a username (or email address or other ID) and password.
Keys - Add and manage encryption keys for signing and validating tokens.
To set up the OpsRamp Azure integration and discover the Azure service, go to Azure Integration Discovery Profile and select
Active Directory B2C.
- Configurable in OpsRamp Azure Integration Discovery Profile.