To discover your Azure resources, you need to create a discovery profile.
Create Discovery Profile
Discovery Profile defines the range of devices that you want to discover. You can create multiple discovery profiles, each for a different set of resources. You can save each profile and reuse it for future discoveries.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
A list of all the installed integrations is displayed.
- From the installed integrations, click the installed Azure integration.
The Azure Integration page displays the Credentials and Discovery Profiles.
- In the Discovery Profiles section, click Add.
- On the Add Discovery Profile page, provide a suitable name in the Profile Name field.
- From Filter Criteria Type:
- Select Smart Filters to select specific or all the resources.
- Select Resources Filters to define the criteria and filter the resources.
Add resources to the group using the following filter criteria options:
- Click Any or All to match any one or all of the defined conditions for filtering.
- Select the options for the following filter criteria fields:
- Resource Type: Lists all the supported resource types.
- Attribute Name: Lists the attributes of the type of resource selected. Attributes vary according to the resource type chosen.
- Logic condition: Refers to a logical match criterion to enhance search results.
Options: Contains, Not Contains, Equals, Not Equals, Starts With, Ends With, and Regex.
- Value: Refers to a value corresponding to the attribute name and logic condition.
- Click Add Criteria to include more filter criteria.
- Select the actions to be performed on the resources.
- Manage Device: Select this option such that all the discovered resources are in a managed state.
- Collect Cost Analytics: Select this option to collect projects cost details resources utilized and enter the Azure billing Offer ID.
- Stream Azure Events: Provide Azure connection string-primary key. See instructions for configuring connection string.
- Assign Gateway Management Profile: Select a gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
- Select Agent Type as Direct or Proxy.
If you select Proxy, then select a gateway management profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Install Agent (Linux only) if the agent needs to be installed on the device and select the device credentials.
- Select the Discovery Schedule option to schedule a discovery and define the preferred Recurrence pattern.
- Click Save.
The discovery profile is displayed in the list in the Discovery Profiles section.
Discover Azure resources
To discover resources in your Azure environment, the following two options are available:
- Set a discovery schedule and define a preferred recurrence pattern. The system regularly scans at the defined schedule to discover any new resources added to your environment.
- Click the Scan Now button to discover the resources any time irrespective of the schedule.
All the discovered resources are visible in the Azure folder on the Infrastructure page.