Amazon GameLift is a fully managed service for deploying, operating, and scaling session-based multi-player game servers in the cloud.
Amazon GameLift replaces the work required to host your own game servers, including:
- Buying and setting up hardware.
- Managing ongoing activity, security, storage, and performance tracking.
Auto-scaling capabilities reduces payment on resources that are needed, while ensuring that games are available for new players to join with minimal waiting.
A game server is the game’s server software running in the cloud. The game service could be:
- A fully custom game server build containing the server executables, supporting assets, libraries, and dependencies.
- If real-time servers are used, a configuration script with some optional custom game logic.
You upload your game server build or script to the Amazon GameLift service, and GameLift deploys it to virtual computing resources for hosting.
Use the OpsRamp AWS public cloud integration to discover and collect metrics against the AWS service.
To set up the OpsRamp AWS integration and discover the AWS service, go to AWS Integration Discovery Profile and select
CloudTrail event support
- Supported (CreateBuild, DeleteBuild)
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.
CloudWatch alarm support
- Not Supported