MediaPackage is a just-in-time video packaging and origination service that runs in the AWS Cloud.
- Delivery of highly secure, scalable, and reliable video streams to a wide variety of playback devices and content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Broadcast-grade viewing experience for viewers, while allowing the flexibility to control and protect content.
- Built-in resiliency and scalability that provides the right amount of resources at the right time, with no manual intervention required.
- Defines a single delivery point of a channel.
- Holds all the information that is needed for AWS Elemental MediaPackage to integrate with a player or content distribution network (CDN) such as Amazon CloudFront.
- Allows endpoint configuration to an output content in an available stream formats.
Use the OpsRamp AWS public cloud integration to discover and collect metrics against the AWS service.
To set up the OpsRamp AWS integration and discover the AWS service, go to AWS Integration Discovery Profile and select
MediaPackage Origin EndPoint.
|OpsRamp Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Aggregation Type|
Number of bytes that AWS Elemental MediaPackage successfully sends for each request. If MediaPackage does not receive any requests for output in the specified interval, then no data is given.
Number of content requests that AWS Elemental MediaPackage receives. If MediaPackage does not receive any requests for output in the specified interval, then no data is given.
|Egress Request Count||Count||Sum|
Time that it takes AWS Elemental MediaPackage to process each output request. If MediaPackage does not receive any requests for output in the specified interval, then no data is given.
|Egress Response Time||Milliseconds||Average|
CloudTrail event support
- Not Supported (create and delete events)
CloudWatch alarm support
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.