Amazon Athena is an interactive query service.
This service simplifies data analytics by:
- Providing analytics directly in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- Minimizing action in the AWS management console, to point Athena to data stored in Amazon S3.
- Using standard SQL to run ad-hoc queries and retrieve results in seconds.
Additional benefits include:
- Infrastructure is not set up because Athena is serverless.
- Cost is based only on the queries that are run.
- Automatic scaling and parallel query execution which provides in fast results even even with large datasets and complex queries.
To set up the AWS integration and discover the AWS service, go to AWS Integration Discovery Profile and select
CloudTrail event support
- Configurable in OpsRamp AWS Integration Discovery Profile.
CloudWatch alarm support
- Not Supported
|OpsRamp Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Aggregation Type|
Number of milliseconds that the query took to execute.
Number of milliseconds that Athena took to plan the query processing flow.
Number of milliseconds that the query was in the query queue waiting for resources.
Number of milliseconds that Athena took to process the query results after the query engine finished query execution.
Number of milliseconds that Athena took to run the query.
Total amount of data scanned per query.