|PowerProtect Data Manager Web Services|
|API version 19.9|
Dell EMC PowerProtect Data Manager provides software defined data protection, deduplication, operational agility, self-service and IT governance for physical, virtual and cloud environments. In addition to the HTML-based UI, PowerProtect Data Manager provides a REST API to enable customers to support their own business cases based on the platform.
- OpsRamp Classic Gateway 10.0 and above.
- Ensure that “adapter integrations” add-on is enabled in client configuration. Once enabled you can see Dell PowerProtect Data Manager integration under Setup » Integrations » Adapter section
Install the integration
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Account.
- Select the Integrations and Apps tab.
- The Installed Integrations page, where all the installed applications are displayed. Note: If there are no installed applications, it will navigate to the ADD APP page.
- Click + ADD on the Installed Integrations page. The Available Integrations and Apps page displays all the available applications along with the newly created application with the version.
Note: You can even search for the application using the search option available. Also you can use the All Categories option to search.
- Click ADD in the Dell PowerProtect Data Manager application. The Install Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Integration popup appears.
7. From Install Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Integrations,enter:
|Gateway Profile||Gateway management profile associated with the client.|
- Click Install.
The DELL-POWERPROTECT-DATA-MANAGER INTEGRATION page displays the installed integration in the CONFIGURATION section.
Configure the integration
- From CONFIGURATION, click + Add.
- From the Create Adapter Configuration page, enter:
- Name: Configuration name.
- Protocol: Enter the value.
- IP Address: IP address or host name of the target..
- Notification Alerts: Select TRUE or FALSE.
- By default FALSE is selected.
- If you select TRUE, application will handle Critical/Recovery failure alert notifications for Connectivity, Authentication Exceptions.
- Events Polling: Select TRUE or FALSE. If you select TRUE, application will integrate Dell PowerProtect Data Manager’s alerts with OpsRamp.
Note: By default FALSE is selected.
- AlertSeverityFilter: is used to mention the list of severity which needs to be integrated. In default value, all the possible alert severities are mentioned.
- AlertSeverityMapping: is used to map the severities between OpsRamp and third-party severities.
- From the Credentials section, select Custom and enter the target device Username and Password.
- From the Resource Types & Metrics section, select the metrics and Availability you want.
- The Resource Types & Metrics section automatically displays the target device resource type such as VoIP.
- (Optional) Select the metrics from the Metrics section.
- Use Import to read in metrics and Export to save metrics locally.
- (Optional) From the Discovery Schedule section, select the checkbox to add a Recurrence Pattern. Choose one of the following intervals:
- From the Monitoring Schedule section, select target device monitoring frequency.
- Click Save.After saving the configuration, the resources are discovered and monitoring is done as specified in the configuration profile.
The configuration is saved and displayed on the page.
View the Dell PowerProtect Data Manager details
The Dell PowerProtect Data Manager integration is displayed in the Infrastructure > Resources.
|Metric Names||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description|
|dell_powerprotect_data_manager_component_Status||Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Component Status||Gives the status of all available system components.Possible values are|
Risks, Limitations & Assumptions
- Application can handle Critical/Recovery failure alert notifications for below two cases when user enables Notification Alerts in configuration
- Connectivity Exception
- Authentication Exception
- The metric can be used to monitor PowerProtect Data Manager resources and can generate alerts based on the threshold values.
- Application cannot control monitoring pause/resume actions based on above alerts.
- Component level threshold configuration is not possible.
- Resource level metric threshold customization and frequency setting are not possible.
- Usability issues in application configuration page while adding/editing.
- Optional configuration parameters cannot be defined.
- Application upgrade is a manual process without version change.
- The availability is shown unknown for few resources even if it is enabled on the respective resource metrics. This is because of the presence of multiple native type resources under the same resource type.