Azure SQL database server is a logical container for managing databases and elastic pools.
Use the Azure public cloud integration to discover and collect metrics against the Azure SQL Database.
To set up the Azure integration and discover the Azure service, go to Azure Integration Discovery Profile and select
Azure SQL Server.
- Configurable in OpsRamp Azure Integration Discovery Profile.
MSSQL Advance Monitoring - Azure
OpsRamp now supports the MSSQL Advance database monitoring for AZURE using the Gateway Collector.
Whitelisting Gateway IP in Azure
In order to perform advance monitoring for Azure resources, we need to whitelist the IP of the host of the Gateway machine.
To whitelist the IP:
- Log in to the Azure portal.
- Under Security, select Networking.
- In the Networking page, under Firewall rules section, click Add a firewall rule.
- Enter the rule name and IP address of the host you want to whitelist.
- Click Save.The gateway is now whitelisted.
Advance Monitoring configuration
Once you whitelist the gateway in Azure portal, you can now configure for advance monitoring in OpsRamp portal.
- Log in to the OpsRamp portal.
- Go to Infrastructure > Resources > Microsoft Azure.
- Select SQL servers.
- From the SQL server details page, select a resource.
- In the resource details page, click settings.
- From the settings drop-down, click Assign Gateway Profile.
- Select a management profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click Assign.
- Select Credentials from the left hand navigation pane and click Add.
- Enter the below mentioned credential information:
|Name||Name for new credential.|
|Description||Add a description of the credential.|
|Type||Select as Database.|
|Username||Enter the username of the resource created in Azure portal.|
|Password||Enter the password of the resource created in Azure portal.|
|Confirm Password||Enter the password again.|
|Port||Port should be 1433.|
|Connection Time out (ms)||Specify the timeout duration.|
- Click Save.
- Select Monitors from the left hand navigation pane and click Assign Templates.
- In the Apply Templates page, select Collector Type as Gateway.
- Under Assign Templates, search for MSSQL templates and assign required templates.
- Select Metrics from the left hand navigation pane and you can see the monitoring data.