Backup vault is a storage entity in Azure that houses backup data for certain newer workloads that Azure Backup supports. You can use Backup vaults to hold backup data for various Azure services, such as Azure Database for PostgreSQL servers and newer workloads that Azure Backup supports. Backup vaults make it easy to organize your backup data, while minimizing management overhead.
Use OpsRamp Azure Public Cloud Integration to discover and collect metrics against
Azure Backup Vaults.
To set up the Azure integration and discover the Azure Backup Vaults resources, do the following:
- Create an Azure Integration, if not available in your installed integrations. For more information on how to install the Azure Integration, refer to Install Azure Integration.
- Create a discovery profile. For more information on how to create a discovery profile, refer to Create Discovery Profile.
Azure Backup Vaultsunder the Filter Criteria in the Edit Discovery Profile page.
- Save the discovery profile to make them available in the list of Discovery Profiles.
- Scan to discover the resources at any time independent of the predefined schedule.
- Once the scan is completed, you can view the Azure Backup Vault resources under Infrastructure > Resources > Microsoft Azure category.
OpsRamp supports Azure events for Azure Backup Vaults. Configure Azure Events in the OpsRamp Azure integration discovery profile.
See Process Azure Events for more information on how to configure Azure events.
|OpsRamp Metric||Azure Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Aggregation Type|
|azure_backup_vaults_BackupHealthEvent||BackupHealthEvent||Backup Health Events (preview)||Count||The count of health events pertaining to backup job health.||Count|
|azure_backup_vaults_RestoreHealthEvent||RestoreHealthEvent||Restore Health Events (preview)||Count||The count of health events pertaining to restoring job health.||Count|