AWS Transit Gateway connects your Amazon Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) and on-premises networks through a central hub. This connection simplifies your network and puts an end to complex peering relationships. Transit Gateway acts as a highly scalable cloud router—each new connection is made only once.
Use OpsRamp AWS Public Cloud Integration to discover and collect metrics against the
AWS Transit Gateway.
To set up the AWS integration and discover the Target Group resources, do the following:
- Create an AWS Integration if not available in your installed integrations. For more information on how to install the AWS Integration, refer to Installation and Configuration.
- Create a discovery profile. For more information on how to create a discovery profile, refer to Create Discovery Profile.
AWS Transit Gatewayunder the Filter Criteria in the Edit Discovery Profile page.
- Save the discovery profile to make them available in the list of Discovery Profiles.
- Scan to discover the resources at any time independent of the predefined schedule.
- Once the scan is completed, you can view the Transit Gateway resources under Infrastructure > Resources > AWS category.
CloudTrail Event support
CloudWatch Alarm support
OpsRamp supports AWS Cloud Watch Alarms for the Transit Gateway.
|OpsRamp Metric||AWS Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Aggregation Type|
|aws_transitgateway_BytesIn||BytesIn||Bytes In||None||The number of bytes received by the transit gateway.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_BytesOut||BytesOut||Bytes Out||None||The number of bytes sent from the transit gateway.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_PacketsIn||PacketsIn||Packets In||None||The number of bytes sent from the transit gateway.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_PacketsOut||PacketsOut||Packets Out||None||The number of bytes sent from the transit gateway.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_PacketDropCountBlackhole||PacketDropCountBlackhole||Packet Drop Count Black hole||None||The number of packets dropped because they matched a blackhole route.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_PacketDropCountNoRoute||PacketDropCountNoRoute||Packet Drop Count No Route||None||The number of packets dropped because they did not match a route.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_BytesDropCountBlackhole||BytesDropCountBlackhole||Bytes Drop Count Black hole||None||The number of bytes dropped because they matched a blackhole route.||Average|
|aws_transitgateway_BytesDropCountNoRoute||BytesDropCountNoRoute||Bytes Drop Count No Route||None||The number of bytes dropped because they did not match a route.||Average|