|REST API: REST API V1 and V2|
|Gateway version: 9.0 HF cluster gateway or higher.|
The Polycom VVX 250 business VoIP phone is a modern four-line basic VoIP desk phone that delivers reliable performance and an enterprise grade sound quality.
The Poly CCX 400 Business Media Phone is an entry-level, open-SIP device with a color touch-screen display that is certified for use with Microsoft Teams and Skype.
Step 1: Install the integration
- From All Clients, choose a client.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Integrations.
- From Available Integrations, select Adapter > Poly VVX/CCX Phone.
- From Install Poly VVX/CCX Phone, enter:
|Gateway Profile||Gateway management profile associated with the client.|
- Click Install.
The POLYCOM-VVX-CCX INTEGRATION page displays the installed integration in the CONFIGURATION section.
Step 2: Configure the integration
- From CONFIGURATION, click + Add.
- From the Create Adapter Configuration page, enter:
- Name: Configuration name.
- Protocol: Enter the value
- HostName/IP Address: IP address or host name of the target.
- Resource Instance Name: Update the resource name.
- Notification Alerts: Select TRUE or FALSE.
- By default False is selected.
- If you select TRUE, application will handle Critical/Recovery failure alert notifications for Connectivity, Authentication Exceptions.
- From the Credentials section, select Custom and enter the target device Username and Password.
- From the Resource Types & Metrics section, select the metrics and Availability you want.
The Resource Types & Metrics section automatically displays the target device resource type such as VOIP.
- (Optional) Select the metrics from the Metrics section.
Use Import to read in metrics and Export to save metrics locally.
- (Optional) From the Discovery Schedule section, select the checkbox to add a Recurrence Pattern. Choose one of the following intervals:
- From the Monitoring Schedule section, select target device monitoring frequency. The default frequency is set to 30 minutes.
- Click Save.
After saving the configuration, the resources are discovered and monitoring is done as specified in the configuration profile.The configuration is saved and displayed on the page.
Step 3: View the Polycom VVX/CCX details details
The Polycom VVX/CCX integration is displayed in the Infrastructure > Resources > Network Devices > VoIP.
The basic information of the Polycom VVX/CCX is displayed under Attributes, you can check the below information:
|Device Type||Information of the device type.|
|Resource Type||Information of the resource type.|
|Resource Name||Name of the resource.|
|Host Name||Name of the host device.|
|Alias Name||The name that you have created.|
|IP Address||IP address of the device.|
|MAC Address||The MAC address of the device.|
|Model||Model number of the device.|
|App Status||Information related to the status of the application.|
|Calendar Account||Information related to calendar accounts.|
|Calendar Connection Status||Status of the calendar connection.|
|Firmware||Software instructions residing in non-volatile storage that holds the content without power.|
|Metric Name||Metric Display Name||Unit|
Current CPU utilization of the device.
|Current CPU Utilization||%|
Average CPU utilization of the device
|Average CPU Utilization||%|
Provides device free memory details
|Free Memory in Mbytes||MB|
Provides device memory usage details
|Memory Used in Mbytes||%|
Provides the amount of memory used
Provides line info Registration Status. Possible outcomes are - 0 - Unregistered, 1 - Registered
Provides packets lost information while transmission
|Data Packets Lost||count|
The ranking/score of the quality of voice and video sessions obtained from local listening quality tests.
|Local Conversational MOS Score||count|
The ranking/score of the quality of voice and video sessions obtained from remote listening quality tests.
|Remote Conversational MOS Score||count|
The ranking/score of the quality of voice and video sessions obtained from local conversational quality tests.
|Local Listening MOS Score||count|
The ranking/score of the quality of voice and video sessions obtained from remote conversational quality tests.
|Remote Listening MOS Score||count|
Time taken for some data to get to its destination across the network.
Maximum Variation in time delay between when a signal is transmitted and when it's received over a network connection.
|Max Jitter Time||ms|
Variation in time delay between when a signal is transmitted and when it's received over a network connection.
Provides polycom device state info. Possible outcomes are 0 - Unknown, 1 - AppStateMenu, 2 - AppStateCall.
Risks, Limitations & Assumptions
- Component level threshold configuration is not possible.
- Resource level metric threshold customization and frequency setting are not possible.
- Usability issues in application configuration page while adding/editing.
- Optional configuration parameters cannot be defined.
- Application upgrade is a manual process without version change