Automation integration is an example of one of the custom integrations.
This integration enables outboard REST API external calls to create process definition workflows. Multiple integration events can be configured as a single installed automation integration.
Automation integration is created based on one of the following types of events:
After successful integration, the name of the integration and its event details are visible for creating workflows in process definition workflows.
Install automation integration
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Account.
- Select the Integrations and Apps tab.
- The Installed Integrations page, where all the installed applications are displayed. Note: If there are no installed applications, it will navigate to the ADD APP page.
- Click + ADD on the Installed Integrations page. The Available Integrations and Apps page displays all the available applications along with the newly created application with the version.
Note: You can even search for the application using the search option available. Also you can use the All Categories option to search.
- Click ADD in the Custom application.
- Click Install.
Configuring the integration
Configure the installed integration to add events. Unlike other integrations, completing basic configuration is not required. One or more integration events needs to be added:
- From Integration Events, click +Add.
- From the Add Integration event window, enter the Name.
This name is displayed as the automation integration name and is visible on the process definition screen while creating process workflows.
- Select a resource or alert from the On drop-down list.
The integration is displayed only for events of the selected option in the process definition window.
- Enter the End Point Url.
- For Notification Type, select REST API and for Authentication Type, select Basic.
- Select an option for Web Method and enter details.
- Select one option from the list of Default_Resource to enter Payload details.
- Enter a key and value for the Response.
- There can be multiple responses.
- All of the responses facilitate the process definition workflow.
- Click Save. The added event is displayed under the integration event.
Multiple events can be added for one automation integration.
Viewing automation integration and events
The automation integration and its related integration events are visible in the process definition for creating process workflows.