This integration uses email alerts as the alert source.
Step 1: Install integration
- From All Clients, select a client.
- Go to Setup > Account.
- Select the Integrations and Apps tab.
- The Installed Integrations page, where all the installed applications are displayed. Note: If there are no installed applications, it will navigate to the ADD APP page.
- Click + ADD on the Installed Integrations page. The Available Integrations and Apps page displays all the available applications along with the newly created application with the version.
Note: You can even search for the application using the search option available. Also yu can use the All Categories option to search.
- Click ADD in the Email Alerts application and click Install.
- Alert Source: Select Email Alerts from the drop-down menu.
- Upload Logo
- Click Install.
Step 2: Configure integration
- From the Email tab, enter:
- Click Create Email Parsing Conditions to create the conditions.
- Map Attributes: Enter the mapping information for the third-party.
- Select the required OpsRamp property from the drop-down.
- Click Add Mapping Attributes to map attributes for the specific OpsRamp alert property.
- Enter the entity and property value.
- From the Monitoring of Integration tab, click Assign Templates.
- From the Audit Logs, set up audit log criteria and time frame.
An email sent to the email address is parsed with parsing conditions to create an alert with the data. Configure the email address in your tool to send events as emails.
Configuring the parsing conditions
Configure one or more parsing conditions with the following :
- Parsing Rule Name
- Rule Started With
- Default Set
- Additional settings
Admins can configure event ingestion integrations to post events only if the resources are managed by OpsRamp. For resources that are not managed, the events are dropped and not processed.
- Specify Example Subject
- Example Content.
- Click Validate.
Click Save to save the parsing condition set.
- Create an alert using email:
- Compose an email with alert subject and alert content.
- Send the email to the copied incoming email address. OpsRamp processes the alert content with the parsing conditions and creates an alert. The created alert is displayed on the Alerts page.