OpsRamp offers the ability to take automated action on your resources. You can use this capability to automatically remediate issues in response to events or perform routine maintenance tasks. OpsRamp supports the following models of automation:
- Automate discrete tasks
- Automate sequence of tasks
Automate discrete tasks
This automation model is suited for a single task that needs to be executed on multiple servers. For example:
- Restart a process, if the process goes down.
- Clean up a the
- Get the installed version of a specific software package on multiple servers
To support such use cases, OpsRamp offers the ability to run a script - also called a runbook - on multiple servers. OpsRamp manages the process of distributing the script to all the servers, executing the script on each server, and capturing the results of the run. You can trigger scripts from within OpsRamp, without having to log into each server separately. OpsRamp supports the following types of triggers to run the script:
- On schedule: Run a pre-defined schedule.
- On event: Run when an alert triggers.
- On demand: Run on demand.
Automate sequence of tasks
This automation model is suited to execute a sequence of tasks across multiple resources. For example, to archive logs on your servers to cloud storage, you want to execute these tasks nightly:
- Compress log files on each server.
- Call an API to send compressed logs to cloud storage.
- Send a notification to the administrator after successful completion of this task sequence.
To support these use cases, OpsRamp offers the ability to execute a sequence of tasks - called a process automation workflow. OpsRamp triggering and orchestration of tasks in the workflow. OpsRamp supports the same triggers for automation workflows as it supports for runbook scripts.
The workflow can execute the following types of task:
- Send notification: Send a notification through OpsRamp’s built-in notification methods.
- Run script: Run a runbook script on a server.
- Call API: Call an API against a specific endpoint.
- Update ticket: Update a ticket in OpsRamp’s built-in ticketing system.